Tuesday 17 January 2012

ARLINGTON ROAD
ADDING FOLEY SOUNDS 

As I said in the ' ARLINGTON ROAD- WHAT DO I THINK?' post, there was many mistakes in the order of the title sequence in our film, this was because as I was editing the video I didn't pay much attention to the order, I just wanted to get the text down. Now that I have added sound i was able to reconstruct the order of the title sequence.

EDITING PROCESS
Even though we did go outside to record sounds such as tress, walking etc. the part where the man is running towards the boy screaming"Kid...Hey Kid..." i extracted this from the original film. Throughout the film i found some non diegetic sounds on youtube and added this to Final Cut Pro to go along with this thriller, giving it a more 'thrillery' feel. There are many times where I increased and decreased the volumes of different sounds in order to allow the film to flow alongside the music without it being to high or low in certain areas. 

Editing...
This is all the sound added to the thriller, the pink lines shows the level  of the music and also where it decreases and increases.
Here I have added the original 'Lakeshore Entertainment' sound.
After importing mp3 files & draggin it to the timeline, inorder for it to play you must render it. (cmd+r).

No comments:

Post a Comment